At North Mead Primary Academy, we believe each child can develop and reach their full potential in the diverse and nurturing environment our school has to offer.
The teaching and learning of PSHCE aims to support and uphold the school’s vision that ‘Together We Make a Positive Difference’, underpinning the school’s values and character muscles.
The PSHCE curriculum is combined of 3 core themes:
- Health and Well-being
- Living in the Wider World
With the aim to provide children with:
- accurate and relevant knowledge
- opportunities to create personal understanding
- opportunities to explore and challenge a range of values, attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities
- a range of skills and strategies to live a healthy, safe, fulfilling, responsible and balanced life.
These themes broadly overlap, reflect the rapidly changing world in which our pupils live and learn and fundamentally fulfils the schools responsibility to support pupil’s social, moral, spiritual and cultural (SMSC) development.
As a school, we equip pupils with the necessary skills to apply their learning within the curriculum and beyond through enrichment opportunities that naturally shapes their character muscles and prepares our pupils to play active roles as citizens now and in the future.
We believe that all children are individuals therefore; we aim to encourage our pupils to act responsibly with high expectations of attitudes and behaviour where individual successes are rewarded and celebrated.