At Northfield House Primary Academy we know that outstanding attendance leads to outstanding outcomes for our pupils. We are committed to improving attendance as this has a positive impact on children’s attitudes towards learning and the education they receive.
We communicate and work with our families to improve attendance, for example:
- Our family support worker, Jill Hurst, is available every day for advice and help;
- We strive to provide bi-lingual support for our families wherever possible;
- We invite parents to a supportive meeting with a member of the Senior Leadership team if we notice that their child’s attendance level is dropping, and then work together to improve their attendance.
We offer regular incentives to help boost attendance and build good habits, for example:
- Lucky draws where 100% attenders are in with a chance of winning a supermarket voucher for their family;
- Every day a child is in school they receive a point to add to their chart. 100% for the week is rewarded with a special sticker;
- Classes that achieve 100% attendance for the week receive ‘attendance chocolate’ and extra golden time awarded in assembly;
- A treat is planned in school for all those with 96% attendance or above (e.g. disco, film, picnic)
- A ‘mega treat’ is provided once a year for all those pupils with 99% or 100% attendance to celebrate their brilliant achievement (e.g. bowling, cinema, trampoline park)
All of the staff at Northfield House are dedicated and committed to providing the support needed to meet every child’s needs in our drive to achieve a whole school target of 96% or more by the end of the school year.