Our school uniform is important to us at North Mead and we like all our students to take pride in their appearance and in representing North Mead Primary Academy. School sweatshirts (which includes our school logo) and book bags, are on sale every Wednesday 8.15-8.45am from the Main Office. Other items of school uniform and PE kit can be purchased from any shops, as long as it follows our arrangements.
By wearing a school uniform:
• It gives the children a sense of belonging and being part of the school
• The risk of bullying regarding a pupils clothing is significantly reduced
• When attending school outings, children can easily be identified as belonging to North Mead
• It prepares children for secondary school
• Book bags support children’s reading progress and links with home/school
Children should not wear any item of jewellery in school in the interests of Health and Safety. Stud earrings may be worn but must be removed when partaking in PE or swimming. North Mead Primary Academy is not responsible for any personal belongings brought into school, this includes jewellery.
The uniform for pupils is as follows:
- Royal blue jumper, cardigan or school sweatshirt*
- White polo shirt, shirt or blouse
- Black or grey trousers, shorts or skirt
- Royal blue checked dress
Clothing should be clearly marked with children’s names and should not feature any other logo other than the school’s own.
The PE kit for pupils is as follows:
- White t-shirt
- Black shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Black plimsolls
- Trainers for outdoor use
The swimming kit for pupils is as follows:
- Swimming trunks or one piece swimming costume